Responsible for serving meals to the residents and visitors in a courteous manner; cleans and maintains the Dining Room area and washes dishes in the dishwashing room.
Is responsible to the Dietary Supervisor.
- Education: High School diploma preferred.
- Training/experience: Will provide on-the-job training.
- Physical demands:
- Ability to tolerate walking, standing 90-95% of the time.
- Ability to lift or transfer a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to frequently bend, stoop, stretch, pull, and climb three-step ladders.
- Ability to tolerate disinfectant soaps and bleach.
- Visual and auditory abilities to respond and communicate effectively with the residents and other staff members.
- Visual acuity and observations skills for monitoring resident dietary needs.
- Hand and finger dexterity and upper extremity mobility in manipulating dining equipment and supplies.
- Ability to tolerate temperature changes from cold in the cooler and freezer to hot and humid in dishwashing room.
- Eye-hand coordination for serving liquids at tables.
- Ability to walk through a limited amount of space when serving meals to residents.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding resident’s personal lives and activities as well as the internal affairs of St. Anne’s.
- Uses tact, patience and sensitivity in dealing with residents.
- Works as a team member in the dietary department.
- Maintains a positive attitude
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists cooks in serving the residents their meals.
- Pour coffee, tea, and other liquids during mealtime.
- Report to supervisor and/or cook if a resident is eating poorly.
- Sets table according to sanitary standards.
- Cleans tables with appropriate disinfectant.
- Cleans chairs of any food after each meal.
- Maintains an eating attendance record for each meal.
- Cleans dining room furnishings, equipment, and supplies in accord with established policies and procedures.
- Operates dishwasher according to established procedures.
- On occasion, assists cooks in dishing up plates.
- Work patiently with residents on the Work Therapy Program.
- Implement safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Observes sanitary requirements in dress and appearance.
- Read dining room policies and procedures annually.
- Monitors food wasted and informs supervisor and/or cook if certain foods are not being eaten.