Visit www.stannesguesthome.org/employment.html or stop by to pick up an application. More information available by calling 746-9401.
Responsible for serving meals to the residents and visitors in a courteous manner; cleans and maintains the Dining Room area and washes dishes in the dish-washing room.
Is responsible to the Dietary Supervisor.
1. Education: High School diploma preferred
2. Training/experience: Will provide on-the-job training.
3. Physical demands:
A. Ability to tolerate walking, standing 90-95% of the time.
B. Ability to lift or transfer a minimum of 50 lbs.
C. Ability to frequently bend, stoop, stretch, pull, and climb three-step ladders.
4. Ability to tolerate disinfectant soaps and bleach.
5. Visual and auditory abilities to respond and communicate effectively with the residents and other staff members.
6. Visual acuity and observations skills for monitoring resident dietary needs.
7. Hand and finger dexterity and upper extremity mobility in manipulating dining equipment and supplies.
8. Ability to tolerate temperature changes from cold in the cooler and freezer to hot and humid in dish-washing room.
9. Eye-hand coordination for serving liquids at tables.
10. Ability to walk through a limited amount of space when serving meals to residents.
1. Maintains strict confidentiality regarding resident’s personal lives and activities as well as the internal affairs of St. Anne’s.
2. Uses tact, patience and sensitivity in dealing with residents.
3. Works as a team member in the dietary department.
4. Maintains a positive attitude.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
1. Assists cooks in serving the residents their meals.
2. Pour coffee, tea, and other liquids during mealtime.
3. Report to supervisor and/or cook if a resident is eating poorly.
4. Sets table according to sanitary standards.
5. Cleans tables with appropriate disinfectant.
6. Cleans chairs of any food after each meal.
7. Maintains an eating attendance record for each meal.
8. Cleans dining room furnishings, equipment, and supplies in accord with established policies and procedures.
9. Operates dishwasher according to established procedures.
10. On occasion, assists cooks in dishing up plates.
11. Work patiently with residents on the Work Therapy Program.
12. Implement safety and infection control policies and procedures.
13. Observes sanitary requirements in dress and appearance.
14. Read dining room policies and procedures annually.
15. Monitors food wasted and informs supervisor and/or cook if certain foods are not being eaten.