If you, or someone you know, is looking for part-time employment, you can stop by St. Anne’s or visit www.stannesguesthome.org/employment.html to apply.
Hours: Mon., Thurs., Fri. (4-7 p.m.); Every other weekend: Sat. & Sun. (6:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m.)
Kitchen (minimal cooking) / Server
Prepares meals according to the menu and sanitary standards set forth by state requirements. Assists in serving the meals while being attentive to resident needs and preferences and maintains the dietary area in a clean sanitary manner.
Is responsible to the Dietary Supervisor.
1. Education: High School.
2.Training/experience: Previous cooking experience preferred, will provide on-the-job training for institutional cooking.
3. Physical demands:
A.Ability to tolerate walking, standing 90-95% of the time.
B.Ability to lift or transfer a minimum of 50 lbs.
C. Ability to frequently bend, stoop, stretch, pull, and climb three-step ladders.
4. Ability to tolerate disinfectant soaps.
5. Verbal and auditory abilities to respond and communicate effectively with the residents and staff members.
6. Ability to taste and smell foods for quality and palatability.
7. Visual acuity and observations skills in responding to resident dietary needs.
8. Hand and finger dexterity and upper extremity mobility in manipulating kitchen equipment and supplies.
9. Ability to tolerate temperature changes–heat near ovens and stoves; and cold in walk-in cooler and freezer.
10. Ability to work with limited floor space.
11. Valid driver’s license.
1. Maintains strict confidentiality regarding resident’s personal life and activities as well as the internal affairs of St. Anne’s.
2. Uses tact, patience and sensitivity in dealing with residents.
3. Works as a team member in the dietary department.
4. Maintains a positive attitude.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Serves meals as prepared by the A.M. staff in accordance to the menu. May have to prepare minor dishes for a meal.
2. Assists supervisor with food supply inventory.
3. Monitors foods in storage for compliance of sanitary requirements.
4. Performs sanitary maintenance tasks on stoves, counters, cupboards, cooler, freezers, storerooms, equipment, and general areas.
5. Carry out instructions for residents with special nutritional needs.
6. Report to supervisor any concerns that may arise regarding resident’s eating habits.
7. Place food on plates in an attractive manner.
8. Monitor food waste.
9. Observes safety and infection control policies and procedures.
10. Observes sanitary standards as set forth by state regulations.
11. Reads department’s policies and procedures manual annually.
12. Assists staff with Resident Work Therapy Program.
13. Completes the daily check list at the end of the shift.
14. Go to the grocery store for immediate grocery needs.
Information regarding salary and benefits to be discussed with supervisor.